I have been on this plateau for four weeks. The scale wouldn't move. I would work harder. I would eat bad. The scale wouldn't move. Work hard, slip up on the food. Work hard, slip up on the food. The scale remained the same. I had seriously begun to doubt myself again and wonder how in the world I had managed to lose 72 pounds. I began to fear failure more so than stairs, sea gulls, and random pyromaniac murderers. I really started to panic about the situation.
Thank goodness for this Battle of the Sexes. Competition looming made me get my act together and eat exactly as I should. Marisa, who is as competitive as I am, stepped up our workouts and pushed us to new levels. I've never worked out this hard in my life!
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd,.........I LOST 8 POUNDS THIS WEEK! YES! The grand total is now 77. Just goes to prove to me that you can't get complacent or rest on your laurels. You have to push hard every day. It pays off!
My new goal is 10 pounds next week. Not sure if I can do it, but I'm going to try hard. Taking an idea from Jay on the Biggest Loser, I'm writing how much weight I want to lose this week on the inside of my wrist:

YOU GO GIRL!! Totally proud of you. You are an inspiration! I love seeing your happiness and hearing about all the successes. Congrats for fighting the fight and doing so well.
ReplyDelete