Thursday, May 5, 2011

In Case of Possible Zombie Attack

I have a hilarious friend who says that his whole motivation for being in the gym is to be physically prepared in case zombies eventually attack Resident Evil style.  He says that all you need to do is be able to run fast, shoot straight, and have the ability to scale a wall in the event you need to get away from them.  The other day I staggered out of the group exercise room to get some water and he asked me if I was prepared.   I told him that on top of my cardio, my trigger finger muscles are ready.   

All kidding aside, it's important to be able to at least be able to give yourself a fighting chance to get away from an approaching assailant, whether that be a mugger, rapist, or an incoming zombie chanting, "Braiiiiiinssssss..." In my former body, I certainly couldn't run away from anything.   I had no muscular strength.  I was virtually defenseless.   Now I can sprint! And if that isn't fast enough, I know I can knock them out with my cross punch.  It's always good to be ever vigilant!

1 comment:

  1. This is great! And that guy is right we do need to be prepared. A short video that may help!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UqEhUm2B_8&feature=share
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete