Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Battle of the Sexes

During the month of May, my Transformation team and our trainers will be waging the Battle of the Sexes.  Jeff is only going to train the guys and Marisa will exclusively train the girls. The winner is going to receive a really nice mystery prize.  It's great motivation for me because even mentioning the word "competition" makes my ears perk up like a doberman.

Laks, Milly, and I started the month off early with a Saturday Zumba class. I haven't done that class for several months because, as hard as I go at it 5 days a week, my trainers have advised me to take the weekends off most of the time. But it's game on now and it was a trip to see, or rather feel, how far I've come since that first Zumba class last October. Back then my muscles would stiffen up and clamp down on me when I tried to move them. I would also  collapse against the wall for dear life between each song. It's a different story now! I have so much more endurance and flexibility!   I almost treat workouts as a cool little experiment to see what new "trick" I can do each week.

This week's experiment....Boot Camp! Milly and I were definitely out of our comfort zone but it was a great challenge and we made it!  I don't know what the boys are up to, but I know the ladies are bringing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment