Friday, May 6, 2011

Don't Call It A Comeback

I've been feeling a little weird this week...restless, unsettled, and in general just not right.  Something I couldn't put my finger on was bugging me until the light bulb went off and I realized what was wrong: my muscles felt too good.  Having one or multiple aching muscle groups is now the norm for me and also my badge of honor for a job well done.  It was making me feel strange and anxious that nothing was hurting.   I've done nothing but cardio this week and so naturally, in all my paranoid glory, I automatically started panicking about losing my muscle tone. 

"Something's gonna hurt when I leave this gym today." I declared to Sylvia later when we met up at the gym.  

She was game, God bless her.   We started out with a warm-up on the bike before moving on to a four circuit Tabata blast on the elliptical (http://www.tabataprotocol.com/), then did some free weights and the cable cross machine.  We ended with four more circuits on the elliptical.  

Whew!  Just what I needed!  Thank you Sylvia!  You are an awesome work out partner. You are encouraging but you also do your own thing and work hard. You're calm and cool and you never give in or give up.

As I stretched out on my back on the ball - the "feel free to take me Jesus" pose, I call it - a head-banging, metal version of LL Cool J's "Momma Said Knock You Out" came on over the Pandora radio I was listening to on my phone.   It made me smile.  "Don't call it a comeback!"

No comments:

Post a Comment