Monday, May 23, 2011

Jenn & Millie Vs. The Crouton Bag

Millie and I were fixing salads for lunch: lettuce, carrots, a smidge of cheese, olives, turkey pepperoni, low fat Italian dressing...and then I pulled out the crouton bag.  Ta da!  Carbs: the forbidden fruit.  

"Look, I just have to have some croutons," I said to Millie. "And there are only 30 calories per serving. I'm eating them!"

"Shoot, girl me too!"  Millie said. 

We both laughed like we were kids getting away with something bad.  Finally!  She struggled to get the bag open while I kept a lookout to see if Marisa was coming around the corner.    She couldn't get it open.   Dang!   I gave it my best shot - to no avail.

"Millie, we're strong!  Seriously...what's wrong with this bag?" I exclaimed. 

We struggled for 5 more minutes before giving up and hunting down scissors.  Those croutons tasted so good...hey, go for a week without carbs and see what levels you're willing to sink to! And I only half-way believe that Marisa cast some sort of carb-blocking spell on us.

No comments:

Post a Comment