Monday, May 23, 2011

Challenge: Pig Pickin'

It was another beautiful weekend!   Mixed into our jammed pack weekend was a fine old Southern tradition: a pig pickin'.    As always, most of our traditions are centered around food, and the pig pickin' is no exception.  It was a challenge, but I've learned how to deal with those now.  I steered away from the mac and cheese and potato casseroles, and towards good ol' home cooked vegetables like butter beans and field peas.    I did have some barbeque, but kept it in moderation.   I avoided the dessert table all together and had some watermelon instead.  And you know what?  My world didn't end.   I focused more on the friends, family, and music going on and less on the food.  We even helped take down tables and chairs afterward, so I got a little cardio and strength training in!
The line was long, but it was worth it!

Me and the hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment