One Christmas the gift giving theme on one side of my family was pajama pants. Mine were blue with fluffy white sheep on them, so when I tried them on and modeled them for the family, I did a little jig I called the "sheep dance." This started a trend in that everyone who got a pair of pjs had to create an interpretive dance for the family based on the theme of their pants. It was awesome. We said we needed to take our show on the road and call it "Lord of the Pants". We're all silly, but we have a good time together.
Last night I stood in front of my closet, contemplating what I was going to wear to work. Back towards the very end of my closet I spied a glimpse of bubble gum pink- my favorite capri pants from several years ago when I lost weight with Weight Watchers! I'd forgotten about them! See, for several years after I gained the Weight Watchers pounds back, I tried over and over to get back into those pants, even though at the time I hadn't done anything to warrant weight loss. Then I just stopped attempting to wear them and hung them up in the back of the closet in defeat. Then I gave up altogether.
Holding the pink pants in my hand, I asked myself if I had the guts to try them on. What if they still didn't fit after all of this blood, sweat and tears? I think I'd want to fling myself into the nearest ditch.
Curiosity won out over fear, and lo and behold - they fit! I did a happy dance around the bedroom in them. The jack russells even got into the frenzy. Next I rushed over to the closet and started plundering, finding all of my capris in pretty spring colors and patterns....from a time when I felt confident not just to hide in black pants. They fit too! A victorious impromptu fashion show for my husband and the terriers was then necessary. They probably all think I'm crazy but who cares? I'm Lord of the Pants!
No comments:
Post a Comment