Thursday, April 21, 2011

Come On Ride The Train

I've been trying to get more lean protein in my diet because it is good for you - especially when you're working out as much as I do - and it takes longer for your body to break it down, therefore you stay full longer.  I think I've developed a good combination of my body running more efficiently (better gas, better engine) and me being more in tune with it, because I feel almost the immediate results of my food choices. 

Yesterday I stuck to my lean proteins and veggies and felt amazing. We had a killer step class, but I felt strong and empowered. The soundtrack was old school stuff like Quad City DJ's ("come on ride the train"), Young MC ("just bust a move"), and other tracks from way back, that are just infectious and get you moving.   Immediately after was abs class...10 minutes of non-stop crunches.  Whew! I staggered out of there.  Since I'd basically been going up and down steps for an hour in class, I felt justified in taking the elevator back up.   Just when I thought I was in the clear, out popped Jeff telling me to take the three flights of stairs up.    I was too tired for fight or flight, so I said a bad word and complied. 

The day ended with dinner with my awesome Girls Night Out group.   My good friend Debbie, who I haven't seen in several months, actually did a double take when she saw me.  She's eating right as well, so it was nice to have a buddy who was avoiding the tempting cornbread too. I also found a healthy option on the menu in the steak kabobs and steamed veggies.

Now if I can manage to avoid all of the Easter candy floating around here, I'll be golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment