The stomach is a funny thing, at least mine is. It's constantly keeping me on my toes. One thing I quickly discovered on this journey is that on the rare occasion that I allow myself a "treat", there are dire consequences. Sesame chicken - my favorite thing ever - made me feel hung over before I even put my fork down. A Chik Fil A sandwich brought on nausea, swollen fingers, and the feeling that I was being drug down into a coma. Chips at the Mexican restaurant? I was sick before our entrees were served. Guess all the clean eating keeps me honest - an added bonus!
Today on a girls day with my Mom and sister, we stopped our shopping adventures for lunch at a Hibachi bistro. I thought chicken and veggie stir fry would be safe. Wrong again! There must have been some extra grease in there somewhere because we had barely paid the bill when my tummy decided to make its protest known. I sucked it up and powered through. I am a shopping soldier and no store shall be left behind! And Hibachi chicken has now been put on the ever growing do-not-eat list.
No comments:
Post a Comment