Monday, April 18, 2011

Taking It Back

Sunday was a beautiful day in Southeastern North Carolina after the scary and devastating weather Saturday brought with it.   Thank goodness all of my family and friends (especially those in Sanford) made it through unscathed.   Relief for safe passage made the sunny weather all that much more wonderful!   Eric and I headed out to the air show at ILM with a group of friends.   We had a great time and I'm proud to say that I avoided the fattening but oh-so-tempting fair food that called my name as I walked by.

And speaking of walking, I got my workout in for the day!   I bet we walked three or four miles, something I never could have done this time last year. This time last year, I would have had to make excuses to our friends on why we couldn't attend. Sad but true. What "average" or "normal" folks would think nothing of (ie: walking around at an air show) used to enslave me.  This fact really drove home to me that I am taking my life back, one day, one experience at a time! My goodness is it worth it!

The parachute that kicked off the air show. 

What's this....he's sitting down and I'm on my feet? That's a switch!

No comments:

Post a Comment