Monday, April 4, 2011
Another Test
A bad sinus thing/head cold/crud/allergy annihilation had me down and out of the gym for six days - the longest stretch since I started my wellness journey. And today I had to dig deep for motivation to get back at it. It felt like someone had taken a drill to my sinuses, my throat burned, I had a blister on the side of my little toe (the side that rubs against the shoe) and a heel spur was making my right heel feel like I was walking on nails. Walking into the locker room I felt discouraged and frustrated. And then I thought about the trials and tribulations of my first month of working out and the hurdles fate/the enemy/my own defeatism threw at me and how I endured them all to come out successful in the end. Why did I think that I would only be tested once? Finding the fastest, most bass thumping song from my Ipod, I sucked it up and got back to business. And I'm proud to say that I rowed as far on the rowing machine as I did when I was in college in the best shape of my life! Back in the game!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment