Yesterday the usual crew was changing clothes in the locker room when someone said, "I heard there were snakes down here...like someone saw them under the treadmills." Snakes! Seriously, snakes?! My heart stopped for a moment and my jaw literally dropped. I hate snakes and fear them almost as much as I do the stairs. Like working out isn't a challenge enough, now you have to throw reptiles into the mix? The rumor was quickly squashed though. Turns out that it was a rumor and there weren't any snakes at all. I've spent a zillion hours down in the gym and haven't ever seen the first slither, so I calmed down went on to my next fear inducing event, pull ups.
You know, as heinous as snakes are, there could be some uses for them in a workout:
- Want to get more speed on the treadmill? Have a snake chase you.
- Use them as resistance bands.
- Jump rope with them.
- A snake pit obstacle course a la Indiana Jones to increase balance.
- Have your trainer throw them at you....if you can dodge a snake you can dodge a ball.
- Set them under your step at step class...that will motivate you up those risers.
In all seriousness, if my trainers are reading this...please don't get any ideas. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment