Monday, April 25, 2011

Pre-Summer Buzz

It was a beautiful Easter weekend on the coast of North Carolina!  Our family gathered together to open up our beach house at Topsail Island, and to do the big Spring Clean. It was also our first time driving our new car to the beach, and what a thrill it was to put the top down!  

After a long day of cleaning, we decided to join my dad and his fiance for dinner.  I had a glass of chardonnay before we left for the restaurant and I must say it hit me quick (guess having 72 pounds off will lower your tolerance).  As we cruised along the beach road (the husband was driving) with the top down, the ocean over my shoulder, some great tunes bumping out of the speakers, and a slight buzz from the wine, I realized how amazingly free I felt. I closed my eyes and felt the wind on my face and thought, it doesn't get much better than this.

See, I love summer, but for the past few years I have dreaded it.    I have been a person who didn't feel healthy enough to be active on the beach, who sat on the sidelines while everyone else was riding jet skis, who didn't have the stamina to walk a couple of blocks down to the water at the lake, who hid inside and looked out at the life she desperately wished she had back...but no longer.   I didn't start out in life that way and I sure as heck am not going to end my life over it either.    I can't wait for this summer!  I am going to be back to the active me who has the ability to enjoy anything she wants! Pass the SPF. 

No comments:

Post a Comment