Thursday, April 21, 2011

Get up Jennifer

This is hard folks, I'm here to tell you.   Not every day is sunshine and puppies and rainbows.   I have to tell myself this constantly because I am a Type A personality who automatically thinks things are going to go her way.    This week I've been good with my food and worked so hard that walking up to the scale I anticipated a 10 pound loss.   No sir.  3 pound loss.   And that's good and everything but it took the wind out of my sails.    2 weeks the scale doesn't move and then it only moves down three poundsReally? 

So, I had an attitude when we began the workout because I felt defeated by a three pound loss.   Jeff started us out on the floor doing push-up rotations.  I stopped a couple of times and had to audibly say to myself, "Get up. Get up, Jennifer.  Get your *&^ up!"  I made it through the workout, had a slight drama queen moment in the locker room over my disappointment, and now feel better about it.

This is hard....and my heart goes out to anyone who is struggling with any aspect of a weight loss journey.  Whether you have a little or a lot to lose, it's daunting.  But remember, even if you have to talk out loud to yourself, even if people think you're slightly crazy for talking to yourself,  even if you've lost over 100 pounds twice before and gained it back (like I did),  even if it's been months since you've worked out and you've resorted to wearing your "buffet pants" to work every day....get up.   Get back up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment