Sunday, March 27, 2011
Weekend Milestones
It's been a great weekend! Yesterday I gave my weight loss journey speech at a city wide Toastmasters event. My mom, husband, cousin, great friends and coworkers were there to cheer me on. I marveled at how far I've come since I first gave that speech in October when I was one month into my journey. It was hard to lay my soul bare like that but I feel like it is all part of the process. What is crazy is that before I started this weight loss effort, the LAST thing I wanted to talk about was my weight. I feared any comment that might be even slightly related to that subject...but now I talk about it all the time. I'm no longer embarrassed. I have put my struggles out there into the world and have been amazed at the love and support I've received in return. Today we attended a family reunion and I wasn't worried about the food challenges of all that good Southern cooking. I had a small taste of Aunt Lib's famous chicken and pastry, filled the rest of my plate with veggies, and avoided the dessert table. I wasn't even tempted to cheat. That has to mean something! Attached is the video of the speech if you're interested.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for sharing your journey! What an inspiring speech. You have worked so hard and it shows...YOU GO GIRL!!
ReplyDeleteGo Jenn!!! I can see why a few select audience members got a bit teary eyed. I'm so proud of you for putting it all out there and making things happen for yourself :)
ReplyDelete