Friday, March 18, 2011

Fighting Back

Yesterday was tough for me, but I thought about Scarlett O'Hara before I went to bed and said, "Tomorrow is another day!" Today started with my husband waking me up and hearing me say in my sleep "No more jumping jacks! No more jumping jacks!" Today was a beautiful sunny day in the Port City and the temperature reached 80! Marisa and I hit the river walk at lunch and went further than I've gone before. It was awesome to be outside in the sun and the breeze blowing off of the Cape Fear. Good conversation and the vacation atmosphere of downtown Wilmington had me marveling at how blessed I am to work where we do. It was HOT though and when we got back to the gym we both collapsed onto mats on the floor, even the germaphobe in me was too worn out to care. The day ended with dinner and a movie in with the hubby. We watched "The Fighter" and it got me so pumped that at eleven at night I wanted to throw on my pink Everlasts and start hitting the bag. I love the scene at the end where Christian Bale tells Marky Mark to go out in the ring and take all his anger and every bad thing that has ever happened to him out in the ring. I looked down at my arms and the muscle definition I now have from strength training and taking my anger out on the heavy bag. Fighting back feels good!

No comments:

Post a Comment