Monday, March 7, 2011
Are 5 Jellybeans My Undoing?
This is really the hardest thing I've ever done. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: what a roller coaster! One day I feel like a rock star riding on a wave of euphoria, the next day I might feel like I'm slipping and that's when the fear hits. This weekend I ate five jellybeans and obsessed about them for two days. I ate jellybeans. I didn't resist them. I just got a handful and shoved them in my mouth like it was nothing. That's a sugary carb! Does this mean I'm slipping? Is my resolve dissolving? Oh no - why did I do that? Then I ate a handful of Triscuits. I'm. Out. Of. Control!!!! Scary but that was my mental refrain for the past two days. Now I think about it and realize that I let five jellybeans bother me all weekend. Am I ruined by five jellybeans? No. Am I going down because of 100 calories? No. Am I stronger than a handful of triscuits? Of course I am! So onward and upward. I probably burned those 100 calories just worrying about the whole mess anyway.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment