Tuesday, March 1, 2011
Inch by Inch
Today's sunshine brought Marisa and I out of the gym and onto the river walk where I once again went a little further than the last time. The sun and the water and fresh air spurred me along my way, plus the great conversation with a dear friend always helps! That's the trick: don't make exercise a drudgery, make it something that uplifts you and makes you feel like a rock star! Start off small and gradually increase it. My great grandmother Brooks used to say, "inch by inch, life's a cinch. Yard by yard, life is hard." A wise woman for sure! Another highlight of the day: I survived a close brush with a vicious looking group of seagulls ("Marisa, that one's looking at me! He's looking at me!")I am terrified of seagulls, but Marisa said, "You're getting over that too!" And she went striding straight towards them. Normally I would cower in fear and refuse to budge but I held my breathe and skirted widely around them - especially that one that kept looking at me with such malice. Also today my awesome friend Lakshmi, who is joy personified, joined our workout group. You go Laks! We're all in this together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment