Thursday, March 10, 2011
6 oh!
I hit 60 pounds gone today! Another milestone: along with my partner Mary, I won today's Jeff and Marisa olympics. I've never won any athletic event in my life! Usually I am doing good just to finish, but today I worked out harder than I ever have in my life. It was like my muscles and cardio endurance came together in perfect synergy. At the end I was worn out, sore all over, and felt a little like I could throw up - and it felt incredible! Give me more! Next we made our way over to the scale and it was a victorious weigh in! Milly rocked it, I got to 60 down, and Sylvia lost 9 in one week! As Fabulous says, "Girl you be killin' 'em!". I don't know where the boys were today but the six of us ladies had a blast! When I walked into the locker room, I got emotional and couldn't help but shed a few tears at how happy and grateful I am. Many people in the past have urged me to have weight loss surgery, but I always knew that wasn't my path. Nothing against that route but my path is to ride this roller coaster, to sweat and move, to be stiff and sore, to feel the highs and lows, and claw, scratch and fight my way through this. There's a lot to learn along the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment