Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thanks Frank!

Finding the motivation to work out today was hard friends.  I usually go during the day on my lunch hour when all my buddies are there and my energy is at its peak.  Today I had a rare lunch out with my wonderful family and intended to work out after work.  Well the day got away from me and suddenly it was 5:30 and I was worn out and tired and going to the gym was the last thing I wanted to do, which isn't like me at all.

Walking into the gym I suddenly realized that my earbuds were back upstairs on my desk and now I had no way to listen to my music, my last saving grace for working out.  I knew that if I turned around to get them, the odds were that I would just head off straight to my car. I said some ugly words under my breathe but forced myself into the locker room and then back out onto the bike.  

I got through the first half of my workout by reading an article on the Kardashians.  The second half I got through because my team mate Frank came in and I was able to chat with him and make it through the last half. Sometimes that's all we need is a friend to turn a situation around. Thanks Frank! 

No comments:

Post a Comment