Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Feeling Trapped?

I talked to a friend tonight who is in his own challenging situation that he doesn't see any reprieve from. While our challenges are different ones, I related it directly to my weight loss, which has been the fight of my life. I told him that this time last year, I would have never believed in a million years that I would be in the place I am now.  365 days ago, if you had told me that I would be doing a 2 hour zumba class, or running, or working out 6 days a week, or handling a workout in 100 degree heat, I would have asked if you smoked crack for lunch.  Before, I couldn't even walk to the gym without stopping to catch my breathe.  Now that unhealthy person is as much of a stranger to me as the person I am now would be to me a year ago.

To anyone who feels trapped in any situation, whether it be a weight issue or not, I am here to tell you that it is totally, 100% possible to change your life if you want it bad enough.   If you're willing to come out of every comfort zone you have and give yourself no excuses, if the pain of what you're feeling is more acute than the pain of what it takes to get things accomplished, then nothing can hold you back.  It doesn't mean that you will win every day. I was up one pound at this week's weigh in, but I'm not freaking out, I'm getting this done, and believe me when I say, if I can do this anyone can.  If you need some encouragement or a cheerleader, email me. I've walked that road, and my journey isn't over.

No comments:

Post a Comment