Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Can I get an Encore? Do ya Want More?

All week my team and I have been eating clean.  What that means, if you don't know already, is eating only whole foods and nothing processed.  It's sometimes also called the Paleo Diet (only eating things that a caveman would have access to) or the Stick to the Outer Rim of the Grocery Store Diet.  Luckily we have been aided by a wonderful local resource, Custom Fit Meals (www.customfitmeals.com if you're interested).  They specialize in whole foods that are freshly made (not frozen) and packaged ready to pop into the microwave.  I'm not getting anything for saying this, but I'm going to tell y'all that I had no idea how good whole food could be.  I thought it would be pretty basic and bland, but it is delicious and varied. I also had no idea how filling it would be or how much energy I've gotten from not eating anything processed.  There are many ways to eat clean on your own, but I was very grateful to not even have to think about what I'm going to eat. 

I was most thankful today because I knew I was going to be getting home late since I had a workout this evening with John.  Because the gym at work is like a mother ship calling me home each day, I still went down on my lunch hour and walked the treadmill with Sylvia and did a few weights.  After work I put on my second set of gym clothes and headed over to John's gym where we did four tough circuits that tested the limits of my endurance.  My quads are definitely killing me from dragging him around the parking lot, forwards and backwards, while he pulled back against the bands to make it extra hard. I was trembling, legs going numb, and too exhausted to even think straight.  But it was awesome!

I staggered home tired and drenched and was so so happy to pull that black container out of the fridge and into the microwave. It's also teaching me a lot about portion control because I know that my serving-guesser is very distorted.   I never knew I could get so much out of myself on what would normally be half of the size of what I would put on my plate.  I also never thought I would have it in me to do two workouts a day.  As Jay-Z sang from the old mix CD I listened to on the ride home tonight, "Can I get an encore? Do ya want more?"



No comments:

Post a Comment