Monday, August 22, 2011

"It looks a lot better in my mind!"

We had a wonderful weekend outdoors and in the water with family and friends, so when Monday rolled around I was dragging into work.  The day whizzed by; it seemed like I sat down at my desk with my coffee and BOOM, hours had gone by and I felt like I hadn't blinked away from my computer screen once.   Finally it was time to meet my group for Zumba, and I sprung away from my desk with the eagerness that my cat springs into a fresh batch of laundry from the dryer.

It was so good to put my projects on hold and enjoy an hour of nothing more than trying to get a salsa step correct.   We got to the point in the routine when it's time for a little booty shaking, a step my friend Diana likes the most.   "Go Diana!" a couple of us said.  She laughed and said, "It looks a lot better in my mind!"

I think she's awesome at Zumba, but she definitely makes a point that I've seen to be true over and over. Working out is 85% mental.   Same goes with tricking yourself out of indulging in bad foods.   Over the weekend at a family gathering, I sat next to an open bag of Doritos, my own personal Kryptonite, for the duration of lunch.  The bag was two inches from my grasp, but as hard as it was, I controlled myself.  Because, I look a lot better in my own mind, and I can't wait until the day comes that the mental matches up with the physical. 



No comments:

Post a Comment