It's been a busy work week and long hours staring at my laptop culminated in me ready to use the walls of my cube as a scratching post by the time this afternoon rolled around. My brain muscles hurt and I had a lot of pent up energy. When three o'clock finally got here, I tossed my glasses onto my desk and grabbed up my gym bag to hustle downstairs to meet my girls for Zumba.
A group of us met up in the group exercise room to do a DVD Mary found that really broke the steps down. Now, I've been doing Zumba for almost a year and I keep moving the whole class, but I'm not always doing the steps right by any means. If I miss what the teacher is doing, I'm liable to pull out my old move from the club (my cousin Devon calls it the "pull back") until I figure out the steps.
This DVD was great because it starts you out with the basic moves and builds upon them until you're truly doing the steps correctly. We were doing salsa, calypso, reggatone, cumbo, and even a little belly dancing. It was fun learning the steps together and we definitely worked out our core muscles by laughing at ourselves. We're doing the next DVD tomorrow and have tentatively dared the guys to come Zumba with us. We promised them that they could stand at the back and we wouldn't look at them (ha - yeah right!) but I'll be shocked if they come. I told them Zumba is not just for girls...and it's a great cardio workout! These days I'm not satisfied unless I come away from a workout with a drenched shirt and damp hair...and this DVD delivered. It's summed up best by a quote my friend shared with me recently, "sweat is fat crying."
No comments:
Post a Comment