Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

Dear Old Me,


Today I conquered you.   Today I am thankful that my Thanksgiving plate consisted of lean turkey and veggies and only one spoonful of dressing.  Today I resisted the pecan pie and filled a dessert plate with carrots and celery.  Today I pushed away from the table and instead of getting seconds, I went outside and enjoyed the company of my family.   Today I didn't fall into the food coma, but stood in a circle of prayer with my family and when it was my turn to say what I was thankful for, I said "taking my life back."   Today I didn't give myself a holiday out.  Today I avoided the leftovers and played Barbie with my neice,  listening to her sweet baby voice telling stories of all the ladybugs she captures and names Berlayne.  Today I watched my husband patiently teach our nephew to shoot a BB gun and felt hope that one day we might have a child of our own. Today is more about my beautiful family than it is about food.  Today my blessings overflow. Today I am a little bit hungrey but full of strength. Today is full of Thanksgiving.


Love,
New Me

No comments:

Post a Comment