Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hissy Fit

I'll just go ahead and put it out there that I am a type A personality.  I like to win, I like to get the gold star, to be the best, to get the A plus.  So what happens to a person like this when the weight loss comes off steady, but slow?  She has a hissy fit while watching the "Biggest Loser" and the phenomenal numbers those folks put down every week and tells the TV that she hates all of them and Bob and Jillian and Allie too. Thank goodness my husband was asleep and only the jack russells witnessed this temper tantrum.   Not a great moment but this is just frustrating some times.

I got to thinking how weary I am of food...thinking of what to eat, what we're going to have for supper, what would be good to eat before I work out and after, not attending the pizza party my floor at work won because I don't want to eat the pizza and I need to work out, or the work covered dish Thanksgiving meal because one Thanksgiving is going to be calorie-laden enough....I just wish sometimes that I could just drink Crystal Light and that would be all I needed to get by and be done with all of it.

So the more mature part of myself had to ask my inner two year old (who wants everything NOW) what she wanted to do?   Give up?  Sit in the corner and cry? Quit, lay down and wait to die? It's okay to sit in the corner and cry for a minute but then comes the time to get up and get on with things.  That's what winners do I think....it's not that they get the gold star every time, they get up every time. So, I'll try that this time instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment