Thursday, November 11, 2010

Blessings

Last night as I was doing the drudgery that is grocery shopping, I rounded an aisle and there was my friend Cadelia from work.   It was a pleasant surprise to find out she lived out in the country like me.  She and I are doing the same Transformation program and it was nice to walk around the store with her and trade tips on food and "war stories" from the gym.  Our trainers would have been proud to see our grocery carts full of fruits and veggies and that we were "behaving" even when out of their sight.   What's amazing to me and what reinforces itself every day is the principle of when you put good things out in the world, how many blessings come back to you.   I drug around for years feeling horrible and weighed down.   Now, even just this much into my journey I feel unburdened from that - and that's priceless.  Every morning lately when I get ready to head out the door to work, even carrying my gym bag, purse and lunch, I feel like I'm forgetting something.   I literally feel too light, like I've forgotten something, that I'm not carrying enough weight.  Then I finally realized this morning what it was: it's not that I've forgotten my phone or my keys or my tennis shoes, I'm literally not carrying as much weight as I used to on my actual self! What a blessing that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment