This past weekend was the annual Beach 2 Battleship Triathalon. I think the last racing event I attended was field day in the 5th grade so it was a whole new experience to me when I volunteered at the aid station. I had to learn quickly how to hold the cups so that the runners could quickly snag them as they flew by, I learned what Heed is, and how not to hold the gel packets (I ended up covered in it and an easy target for the bees), I also learned the lengths of the human spirit and endurance as each individual ran past me. I recommend volunteering for a race event to anyone who wants to get inspired.
Another thing learned: how not to hit like a girl. I got some gloves - which my husband swears aren't "real" because they're pink, but hey, they're Everlasts and I'm girly - and Jeff taught me how to hit today in the gym. What an awesome workout boxing is! And great stress relief.
Also great stress relief, another new experience: hitting someone with a pie! Today, as part of a fundraiser for the United Way, I got to hit my friend and coworker Brad with a pie! Turns out, pies aren't just for eating:

No comments:
Post a Comment