Thursday, November 18, 2010

Eye of the Tiger

Sometimes I think we have bad days for the sole purpose of revving our engines.   I had a bad day on Tuesday and was doubting myself again but Tuesday was also one of the best workouts I've had so far.   I got the most fabulous bubble gum pink Everlast gloves and put them to work on the punching bag.  Boxing is my new thing y'all!  Yesterday I burned 889 calories doing 15 minutes of treadmill and 30 minutes of hitting the bag.  I felt STRONG! Energized. Eye of the tiger.   So the thing to do with frustration and defeat and guilt and worry and doubt is to turn it inside out and make it the burn to punch back at whatever it is that lurks that is deep, dark, and destructive.  And another thing, I always believe that with the right accessories, you can do anything.  Thus, the pink gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment