Tuesday, November 9, 2010

That's Dumb Doggie

The hardest thing for me about all of this is the roller coaster. The way I expect things to go is that if I improve something, then it will keep improving, that if my stamina is at a certain level one day, then the next day it's going to be at that level or higher.    That's not the case with working out, at least not for me.   Some days are off days and that's frustrating for me because it causes me to panic to think about 8 weeks ago and the shape I was in when I started this journey.   Mentally I feel like I could run a marathon and it's frustrating when physically I'm not there yet.   
Today was one of those days.  Yesterday, I was burning up the treadmill in my new shoes that feel soooo good.  Today, I get three quarters of the way through my training and bend down to get some weights and the head rush turns into an overall dizziness that didn't go away right away.  Needless to say I had to stop.   Dehydration was the culprit and it was no one's fault but mine for thinking that I can drink three cups of coffee and a diet coke and then go work out without any water in my system.   Duh.  Or as my cousin Devon used to say to me when I used to get up on the weekends and not eat breakfast or lunch, then complain later on in the day that I felt like my blood sugar was low, "That's dumb, doggy." 
Tomorrow I'll be drinking my water before and after I work out.    Thank you Julie for working out with me today - you did great!  Thanks to Jeff and Marisa also who are smarter than I am!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment