Patience really pays off. The ups and downs of trying to get healthy can be frustrating, but if you can hang in there, it becomes really facinating to see the results start happening. The other night I noticed a bulge in my forearm. Hypochondriac that I am, I thrust my arm under my husband's face and said, "Eric, I think I have a tumor!" He said, "Hold out your other arm." Sure enough, there was an identical one on it. "Jenn, do you really think you have two identical tumors? They're muscles." Oh, duh.
The other night I was stretching my arms and noticed the firmness that has come from all the band exercises and curl presses I've been doing. So of course I've been making everyone feel them. Excuse me if I'm annoying. : ) It's just such a wonder to me to watch my body come back into shape and beyond. It's almost like when you're watching a child develop and start walking for the first time. I'm like, "look, there's my collar bone!" "Look at my muscles." It's really cool to me and very motivating.
Marisa and I were taking Ellen's fun back to basics aerobics class at Wilmington Lady Fitness. I love it there, it's so girly and warm. So at the end of the class we were on the floor on our backs stretching our legs over our extended knees; I looked over at Marisa beside me and said, "Check me out!" Flexibility is coming back! Seriously though, if you're a local lady, you should check that gym out...go see Jane. It's a great spot to sweat! Thanks ladies!
What a great day!
ReplyDeleteSo great to meet you at the gym today..keep up the good work..you are awesome!
ReplyDelete