Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Woo Hoo!

Woo Hoo!!!!....didn't gain but managed to lose 1.2 pounds over the holiday!  Hey - I'll take it.   I fully expected to be up!  I made the walk of shame to the scale with fear in the pit of my stomach, and what would you know, the number had gone down!!!!   Then having made the mistake of telling Jeff that I hadn't worked out in three days (add it to the list of things not tell your trainer , why do I always have to tell stuff?) he proceeded to kick my butt up and down the gym.  It was just what I needed and although I was sore 5 minutes after dressing back into my work clothes, it feels good!

Ahhh, how nice it is to be back in the safety of my routine.    I've always been an out of the box, right brained,  creative type, but with this I have found myself getting into soldier mentality.  Tell me what to do, where to be, what to eat, and what time to do all that, and I'll do it.  Call me Rain Man - "Wapner's on at 5" - but I have found safety in the routine and am glad the holidays are over and I can get back to business. I feel good in saying that because I feel that I've proved to myself now that I can keep myself in check during the most off-routine, challenging time of the year. And now - Wapner's on at 5, step is at 12, zumba is at 9:00, Jeff is at three....

No comments:

Post a Comment