Thursday, December 23, 2010

Battle Plan

I love Christmas but I've been dreading it this year, not because of the extra hustle and bustle or money spent on presents, but for the fear of falling off of the wagon so to speak.  I love having time off but was fearful of leaving the safety of my daily work out routine - being "off the ranch" so to speak if you're a fan of "The Biggest Loser".  Yesterday I had opted to take my floating holiday but came into work to take Step class and was glad I did.

Last night I was awake for some reason and didn't fall alseep until 1:30.   Too soon came the annoying honk of my alarm clock as well as my husband and two Jack Russell terriers to get me out of bed (I'd told him to wake me up in time for Zumba at 8:30).  I really really didn't want to go.  It was cold outside and I was so tired.  But to Zumba I went...my only motivater being the fear of falling off of the wagon and starting that dreaded downward spiral.  I was glad I did it and also glad my local gym will be open tomorrow.  

I guess the lesson in all of it is if you're fearful of situations such as holiday food or not having your normal gym routine is to get a battle plan in place and stick to it.  I really feel that if I can get through this first Christmas on my new wellness plan, I can handle myself in any situtation.   So here goes!  I hope Santa brings me a new gym bag.  I think this year I might be on his "good" list.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment