Monday, December 20, 2010

Hershey Bar Cake For Goodness Sakes

Christmas is getting close y'all!  When it comes to eating, should you be naughty or nice or somewhere in between?  This weekend we traveled to Sanford, NC to have Christmas with my Benton side of the family.   It was such a wonderful time.  Aunt Kathy is the hostess with the mostest and the food, decorations and homey fireplace created the perfect atmosphere.  She even somehow arranged for it to snow!  The house was bursting with our wonderful family and I looked around at everyone and marveled at how blessed I am!   It was such a rush to see those I haven't seen since September and have them tell me that they can tell that I've lost weight.   That is the best thing in the world to hear and really helped me avoid being naughty. I tasted the appetizers but didn't gorge.   I had a little taste of the casseroles but ate mostly meat and veggies and avoided the biscuits all together.  I skipped dessert - no small sacrifice.  We're talking about Aunt Kathy's Hershey Bar Cake for goodness sakes! 

It is wonderful to be surrounded by those that you love and look around at every face and know that they all have your back and want you to succeed.   You can do anything with love like that backing you up!   This Christmas when you're with your family, step outside of yourself for a moment and look around.   I'm sure that you'll find folks that will do the same for you.  With that kind of support, anything is possible.  Trust me...three months ago I NEVER would have avoided that Hershey Bar Cake.
The Spread

The appetizer and dessert table

No comments:

Post a Comment