One of our jack russells goes absolutely crazy if you say "Godzilla!". Strange phenomenon but true. I was walking like Godzilla when I left work yesterday due to step class. My legs were all stiff and non-bendy and I probably looked like a combination of Godzilla and Frankenstein as I made my way out to the parking deck to go home last night. I never in my life thought I'd take a step class, but this was my fourth week in a row and yesterday I really felt easier moving around - not that there was anything easy about that class for sure! It's probably the most challenging of all my workouts but the best thing in the world if you want some good cardio that tones your legs. What also is wonderful is the support of those sweating it out around me like Krysta, Tiffany, Remy, Danielle and Marianne. Everyone looks out for each other and whoever gets there first puts out the steps and risers for the others in our usual spots. It's little things like that that make the major accomplishments happen. I've even moved past that initial self consciousness that I think holds a lot of folks back from attending group classes. If that is what is holding you back, keep in mind that more than likely no one's looking at you anyway, they're all trying to keep the sweat out of their eyes and worried about what they themselves look like. And even though you may end up with some sore muscles and walking around like Godzilla laying waste to Tokyo, it will be worth it!

No comments:
Post a Comment