Things these days are in their usual holiday frenzy! Since my last post I have taken a limo ride to my company Christmas party this weekend, chipped further away at my fears by doing the stairs with Remy, finnnnnalllly managed to complete my tree decorations, and lost 3.6 more pounds!!!! At first when I was a little bummed that I didn't lose 7 more like last week, Marisa broke the math down to me. A 3500 calorie deficit equals one pound burned. So in this past week I managed to create a 12,600 calorie deficit through diet and exercise. Not so small of a feat when you think about it.
Especially considering all of the temptations of this time of year. Just yesterday at work, first thing in the morning, someone had left some Little Debbie Christmas Tree cakes in the breakroom (my favorite), later on in the morning it was bon bons, then there was the departmental covered dish, leftovers from that, and then someone offered me the same plate of cookies 5 times. Whew. I narrowly avoided them all, the reverse Grinches included. See the Grinch came to steal the rare Who roasted beast and the last can of Who Hash. The Reverse Grinch wants you to eat all of their holiday cooking, because that's how they show their love and appreciation. Both Grinches can be equally as dangerous, so look out! I think I may start telling people that I'm allergic to chocolate. Maybe that will be a nice way to turn down the Reverse Grinch. Sometimes they can be mighty persistent!
No comments:
Post a Comment