I didn't make resolutions this year. I decided that I have resolved to get this wellness thing done and therefore I don't need to make a New Year's resolution. They rarely last anyway so why make 'em? Just calling something a New Year's resolution puts a stigma on something....almost like it's a punishment. Now some days I feel like I'd rather be beat than go to the gym, but they're rare. Most of the time it's the part of my day that I look forward to the most.
All that being said, I did start a stricter eating plan today. It's called Slow Carb: a way of eating that concentrates on low glycemic foods such as proteins and veggies that your body burns slower than carbs, therefore you get a more substainable increase in energy and blood sugar levels. You eat that way for 6 days and then on the 7th day you eat whatever you want in order to spike your metabolism and give yourself a treat. Then the next day you get right back at it. It's not all that different from what I have been doing, only taking it to that next level....but I must admit that I have been distracted all day with the idea that I'm on a stricter "plan." I have been thinking, "Well, I can't eat this and I can't eat that..." all day. I will snap out of it eventually I guess but I tell you what, I would just about kill someone for a Triscuit right about now!
No comments:
Post a Comment