Monday, January 31, 2011

True Grit

My trainer Jeff and I made a bet that if I lost a certain amount of weight by Feb. 3rd, he'd shave his head. If not then I have to do two-a-days for a week. I have been plugging away at it and am 6 pounds shy of it right now. So what do you do when you've been working your hardest towards a goal and you aren't there yet? And you're super busy at work, you feel a little cranky, your head hurts a little because of the major carb withdrawal, you've sweated your hiney off in the gym, and you're disappointed because you feel so much lighter than what that hateful scale says... That's where I am tonight. I was so ill earlier that I felt like saying forget it and head towards Pizza Hut therapy. But that thought was fleeting and soon the inner backbone (inherited from my Mema, a true Steel Magnolia) rose to the surface and reminded me that I'm not out of the game yet. "True grit" lies within all of us...waiting there for times like these if we choose to use it. Winners know that and I'm trying my best to be a winner. So it's chicken and veggies for dinner instead of pan pepperoni lovers. I'll be better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment