I had the best workout of my life today! Jeff and I did a boxing workout and I finally realized why people love fitness so much. I used to think that people that worked out for fun were just lunatics. Why in the world would you want sweat and move your body when you can sit on the couch, eat some Little Debbies, watch "The Biggest Loser" and cry? I was never into sports, I dreaded PE in school, and always parked as close to anything as I could. But now I finally understand what all of my fellow gym rats got into a long time ago: it feels good to move. Today Jeff had me boxing the heavy bag and it was crazy to see how far my endurance has come. I don't know exactly how to describe the feeling of punching something as hard and as fast as you can and feel your body actually working with you and not against you. The feeling of letting your mind go and feeling your muscles take over. Of actually being good at a sport and feeling really alive and powerful. Who knew I would be good at boxing? I love it! Something in me just likes to fight! I've always succeeded when it comes to academics or the arts, but to actually feel like I'm getting good at physical activity is something I've been craving my whole life.
Four people I talked to today expressed their desire to find the motivation to get active. I don't really know how to tell people how to get motivation other than to simply tell yourself that you're just going to give it a shot like I did when I met Jeff for my first workout and see what happens. The motivation will come. I wish that I had some sort of ability to actually show people how BAD I felt before and how AWESOME I feel now. It has been less than 6 months and I have completely changed my whole life. It's staggering.
Nicki Minaj's "Moment For Life" is on my Ipod right now. I love the message in the lyrics:
"In this very moment I'm king
In this very moment I slayed Goliath with a sling
This very moment I bring
put it on everything, that I will retire with the ring
and I will retire with the crown, Yes
no I'm not lucky I'm blessed, Yes
clap for the heavyweight champ, Me
but I couldn't do it all alone...
I wish that I could have this moment for lifeIn this very moment I slayed Goliath with a sling
This very moment I bring
put it on everything, that I will retire with the ring
and I will retire with the crown, Yes
no I'm not lucky I'm blessed, Yes
clap for the heavyweight champ, Me
but I couldn't do it all alone...
Cause In this moment, i just feel so alive."
No comments:
Post a Comment