Monday, July 11, 2011

We Go Girls!

The results of the battle of the sexes are in and....Team Reesy (the girls) won the challenge!!!  It was by a three pound margin, but we still emerged the victors!  Thank you so much to all the wonderful ladies on the team and to our fearless leader, Marisa. I know that we have developed friendships for life.  You have all given me so much encouragement and drive.   We've laughed together, sweated together, and cried together.   We've cheered each other on and helped each other up. When I didn't think I could go on, you all stood around me in a circle and told me I could.  You helped me dig down deep and find the strength I needed to persevere. You allowed me to bare my soul and my deepest fears in front of you with no shame. We all come from different demographics and walks of life, but together in this, we are sisters. 

For this next and last phase of our transformation year, Jeff and Marisa put all the names (guys and girls) into a hat a drew for teams.  I'm on Team Jeff along with Dana, Roy, Sylvia, Laks, and George.  It's a fun group and I'm looking forward to the next three months.   I had a long talk with Jeff to determine goals and our mission for this phase.   We are basically going to go all out, push harder than we have before.  I'm ready.  I've been coasting on this plateau for the past two months (but hey, maintaining "ain't" gaining) and it's time to kick it into high gear, and I now have the self confidence to know that I can do it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment