Millie and Sylvia did kickboxing with Florence and I for the first time today. I could tell they were a little skeptical in the beginning (who isn't wondering what's going to happen when starting a new class) but once we got into it, they were fans.
As always, that class pumped me up. The punch-cross, upper-hook, turn kick, turn kick combos were my favorite. I was in all body muscle pain (the good kind) and my sore parts wanted to stiffen and lock up shortly into class but I love kickboxing so much that I was able to work through it. So much of exercise and endurance is mental. I envisioned the scene from Kill Bill 2 where Uma Thurman travels to Japan to study kung fu from a master. How cool would that be? I was feeling feisty when I left and so were Millie and Sylvia because when walked out of the group exercise room into the gym and saw Dana on the treadmill, we descended upon him, heckling him for not joining us in class. All in good fun. I find exercise has increased my "junk talking". Must be the endorphins.
On the way home from work I stopped off to see my cousin Devon and we decided to do the Couch to 5K training in the fall to prepare for the 5K that my work always sponsors in December. Crossing a finish line in a race has been a recent dream of mine, even if I walk most of it. A year ago, I wouldn't have even considered it to be a possibility. It's amazing what the body can do once you take the mental blocks away.
No comments:
Post a Comment