I checked my sanity at the door today and did two intense workouts. I knew I was working out with John after work, but I still couldn't miss time burning calories with my girls in our gym. Sylvia, Millie, and I decided to do this intense bike interval workout that we'd done before, only do it exactly how Marisa had given it to us (we'd only worked our way up to half the interval time laid out by the workout).
After warming up you set the bike to level three and keep the speed at over 85 for two minutes. Then you take yourself down to a level one for thirty seconds and then back to the hard interval for another two minutes. Can't remember how many times we did that (Millie was in charge of the sheet and the stopwatch) but for the next round you take your level up to eight for two minutes and take your speed down to 60. Then you have a 30 second break at level two. We completed this round and all total it was a 45 minute hard core cardio session. All of our shirts were soaked and during the two minute intervals, we couldn't chat at all. We also learned that the bike seats aren't the most comfortable in the world after a while, and that's why we unanimously agreed to do our cool down on the treadmill.
After work I hurried over to John's gym. We did kettle bells, squat jumps, the treadmill at a 10 incline holding a 20 pound kettle bell and switching it back and forth from arm to arm, all three times around...then we headed outside. He had me do push ups and bench dips on the tire, hit the tire 15 times an arm with the sledgehammer, an exercise with the medicine ball, then drag him back and forth across the parking lot with bands around my waist and him alternating the resistance. And we did that three times. Once again I was shaking and soaked, but felt amazing!
Needless to say, it is nice to be relaxing in my favorite chair in the air conditioning with my jammies on. Tomorrow we train with Jeff and I'm sure he'll be out for blood after the white bread incident. I am so blessed to work with such amazing trainers. I may cut my eyes and huff during the workout, but as John said tonight, "It's not personal, it's just fitness."
No comments:
Post a Comment