I'm fortunate to have my wonderful little brother work at the same place I do. Although we're both so busy that we don't get to say more than "hey how ya doin'?" some days, it's still nice to know he's around somewhere. Today shortly after I got back to my desk from the gym, Charles happened to swing by on his way to somewhere else on my floor. When he asked how I was doing, I thrust my arms out and said, "I have noodle arms!"
I saw his eyes get big and he said, "Dang Jenn! You're arms are really getting defined! I bet you're stronger than a lot of guys now!"
I must say that I'm proud of my arms. I'm not all gorilla-ed out and don't want to be, but it's nice to see definition. I think most people have a favorite muscle group to workout, whether it be their arms, legs, or abs and I must say that arms are mine. That being said, I thought I was going to cry today during Jeff's killer arm routine.
After work I hit the grocery store armed with a handful of low cal crock pot recipes I pulled off of www.sparkpeople.com. If you've never been there, check it out. It has calorie trackers, workout trackers, exercise and nutrition advice, forums, and recipes. It's a good free tool.There's even a free recipe calculator located here: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp so you can see how your favorite recipes stack up calorie wise. I'm really trying to focus harder on the food than I have been because no matter how hard you work out, you still have to watch what you put in your mouth. A wise person once told me that (right D?).
No comments:
Post a Comment