Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Raccoon Run
Yesterday brought more sunny temps and another walk along the riverwalk. Got some vitamin D therapy out there in the sunshine for sure - and a much needed break from my desk! Marisa and I walked a half a mile further than we did on Friday, and I think I could have gone even further had we had the time. It turned out to be quite eventful too! First we noticed that the same pair of old lady style underwear was still hanging around a pole out by the convention center - don't want to know the story behind that one - and then as we rounded the corner to head back towards work, out from the grass popped a raccoon! "Marisa get back!" I yelled and tugged her back. Generally raccoons in the daytime aren't a good sign and becoming rabid was not on my to-do list. It went back into the grass but for a minute I was ready to bolt. Marisa said, "I thought I was going to see Minter run today!" Then she got a look on her face like, that's not a bad idea. I looked at her and said, "Jeff's not hiding out there in the bushes with another creature to throw out and scare me to run is he?" She laughed and said, "Don't give him any ideas."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
All I could think of was "ROCKY RACCOON" when I read your post Jen.I know this is my first comment but just wanted to say congrats on your fifty and your looking HOT!Keep up the hard work because your a survivor,and thats how we do it!!!Carlito
ReplyDelete