Thursday, February 10, 2011

Team Lunch

Today my awesome Transformation team members, our trainers, my brother and I went out for lunch to celebrate my fifty pound loss. We had a great time and it was fun just to be able to hang out together outside of work and the gym. Everyone ordered something healthy under the watchful eye of Jeff and Marisa. You don't go to lunch with your trainer and order a hamburger and fries or a supreme pizza. But really, it wasn't really the fact that our trainers were with us to witness our food choices, it was that we all have changed our lifestyles. I would have ordered the tuna and salad no matter who I went to lunch with. There's also another side effect to eating healthy that I didn't anticipate: I can't eat bad food anymore even if I allow myself to - the last time I ate sesame chicken on one of my "treat" nights, I got horribly sick within thirty minutes of eating it. Same thing with a Chikfila sandwich. Twenty minutes later I felt sick to my stomach, bloated, thirsty and tired. Not worth it on so many levels. It staggers me to think about how many years I walked around feeling so bad without even being fully aware of it. Now I feel purified, clear and strong. I was catching up with one of my best friends tonight and I told her that there is no better feeling to me now than that of sweat rolling down my back, muscles exhausted, but mind clear. A super-sized number three from the drive thru could never compete with that!

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, you're awesome, way to stick with it! What's the next goal - timeline and incentive?
    Congrats, and keep it going :))
    - Mark A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. "My brother."

    ReplyDelete