Friday, February 18, 2011
The Journey Continues
When I decided to call this a journey, I didn't know how right I was. I'm beginning to learn what happens when the "new" wears off and the elation of initial success dwindles. The scale hasn't moved one way or the other in 2 weeks. I guess it's good that I haven't gained, but obviously I've reached a plateau mentally and physically. This is where the test is...that point in time where the haze of beginners glory is done and the real work begins. I can totally understand why people choose surgery or pills in order to lose weight because it gets it done quickly, but I've always known that that wasn't my path. My path is to stay down in the trenches of this and fight through it every day. Yesterday when my Transformation group went for a walk with Jeff and Marisa to warm up before round 2 of the Jeff olympics, I fell to the back of the line even though I was doing my best. It frustrated me to no end because I suddenly felt I was back in that bad place from before. I'm sore, tired, and bruised. But, surprisingly, giving up is the farthest thing from my mind. So anger and frustration may be weighing me down right now, but I'm putting on my headphones, blasting some angry Eminem, and hitting the heavy bag with everything that is in me. It's much better option than taking my anger out on myself with a bag of Doritos, that's for sure.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment