Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Today was our annual fall event for the Long Leaf Arts and Crafts guild at our town's restored train depot and the theme was "The Arts are Brewing."   We had a costume contest, music, dancing, face painting, local art and fortune telling by yours truly.   It was at this endeavor that I found myself alone in my fortune telling tent with a jack o lantern that someone had stocked to the brim with chocolate Halloween candy.  It took all my willpower not to cheat and have some (no one would know) but I can proudly say that I didn't touch it.  Chewing bubble gum helped.   Then came the girl scouts with home made sugar cookies decorated with icing and more candy.   I said no again, and it's hard to say no to cute little fundraising kids! Because, no matter how good that cookie tastes, being healthy feels better.  And I turned my mindset from an event being about food (as all events are centered around, at least here in the South) to the activities, and had a good time!



Me in my fabulous faux fur witch hat


Me with Grandma (Charlie), the Wolf (Devon) and Little Red Riding Hood (Skylar)

No comments:

Post a Comment