Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Top Ten Things Never to Say to a Trainer

Since I'm a newbie at this, I had to learn the hard way what not to say to your trainer.  A la David Letterman, I now present for your education:

Top Ten Things Not To Say To Your Trainer
10.  Please don't kill me today. (This was the verbal equivalent of throwing the gauntlet down in front of the zumba instructor)
9. I'm sleepy. (Nothing like 60 squats to wake you up)
8. It's chilly in the gym today. (Sprint back and forth and touch the walls, that will raise your temperature)
7. Zumba burned 865 calories Saturday. (Direct quote from Jeff, "I'm coming for you Zumba!")
6. That was pretty easy. (Duh.)
5. I feel the burn! (They get this maniacal gleam in their eyes followed by, "Goooood.")
4. I'm scared of stairs. (Guess what you'll be doing next work out?)
3. I hate the treadmill/elliptical/stairmaster/insert your favorite torture device. (See comment above).
2. This is getting easier. (Oh but it will be getting harder my friend, trust me)
And #1: No, I'm not sore today.  (Again you're just asking for it.).

All kidding aside, I am very blessed to be working with two incredible trainers, Jeff and Marisa.   They are scary smart about what is best for each of their clients and highly intuitive as to what you need.  They are motivating, supportive, tough when they need to be and fun to be around. Thanks y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment