Monday, October 11, 2010

My Own Worst Enemy

Are you your own worst enemy?  I must admit that that definitely described me in the very recent past.  Every time I would get going on a good kick of working out and eating right, inevitably I would get sick or injured and never get back on the horse again.  Call it the devil, call it Murphy's law, or my own personal jinx, it happened every time.   For over a week now I have been fighting a nasty virus  and not only do I sound like Darth Vadar, I am still not 100% back to feeling good.   And, as I sat at my desk today as my workout time drew near, I just about had myself talked out of going down to the gym.   

But, I am happy to say that I sucked it up and worked out and now I feel so much better than I did before both physically and mentally in the fact that today I have cleared a major personal obstacle and have not let myself defeat myself!   So here it is, my pledge to me: if I don't feel good, I'm still going down there and doing something; if I break my leg, I'll work my arms out; if I break an arm, I'll do legs; if aliens take over the world, I'll do jumping jacks in my cage.... I'm not going to be stopped! 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS POST!! I was just thinking that I need to jump on the elliptical, but don't really want to...needless to say, after reading this I'm jumping on! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete