I am so excited to clear this first hurdle and move on to the next one but I can't leave this post without giving thanks for the many ways that I have been blessed:
- First and foremost: with God anything is possible. I can't explain the reason why the motivation stuck this time out of the many times I've attempted this other than that God's hand was at work. There is no other way that I could have gone from the state I was in to where I am now. Many times during this journey I have felt His hand at work, lifting me up and keeping me going. He is as much present in the gym as anywhere else, and believe me, there have been many times I have called on Him in the middle of a workout!
- My husband has been my cheerleader and wonderful support along the way. He has eaten all my low cal cooking without complaint, cheered me on at my 5K, waited for 2 hours outside a zumba class I was attending, made sure I got up early on Saturdays for workouts, and cheerfully provided "opportunities" for me to burn calories helping him with yard work.
- My awesome family and friends have had my back since the beginning. No matter how many times they've seen me start and stop this process, they have always believed in me and the fact that this time it was going to work. They have cheered every little milestone along the way.
- My trainers Jeff and Marisa believed in me before I could believe in myself and have given so much of their time and support in a way I could never repay. I hope that I can encourage others the way they encouraged me.
- My friends and coworkers and friends/coworkers have lifted me up, cheered me on, worked out by my side and shown me such overwhelming support that it blows my mind. Having that daily reassurance helps more than they can ever imagine. I cannot imagine a better working environment in which to get healthy and make this change.
- And to everyone who reads this blog: thank you. I started it as a way to keep myself on the straight and narrow and to stay engaged. I appreciate every time you've taken a minute to read it and hope that in some way it has helped you. If you ever need encouragement, send me an email and I'll be glad to be there for you. Take it from me: you can start anytime on the path to success.
Congratulations Jenn!!!! What an AWESOME achievement. I believe that this milestone has jump started a new kind of drive in you; I see the next 50 coming off very soon! Keep up the GREAT work!
ReplyDeleteKim Kristof
Bursting with pride! That's how I feel about your goal of 100 pounds! Yes God deserves the glory. Many prayers have been answered. Jennifer, you deserve much praise because it was your feet going one step in front of another! I am so proud of you, but I always have been, no matter what you weighed. Mom
ReplyDelete